Monday, August 10, 2009



Lately I've been doing a lot of baking....bread, cookies and also doing a lot of cooking in my crockpot. I love the crockpot...you just stick all your ingredients in there and at the end of the day, they're ready to eat...a hot and delicious meal. These are my sugar cookies I made from scratch. The only cookie cutter I had was a gingerbread man. The kids loved it though. Then a cute idea I saw was to add chocolate to them. So they had "muddy feet". The kids thought that was the coolest thing. I love cooking things from scratch. It reminds me of my great mammaw. She was one of the best cooks. I can still see her in her apron, in the kitchen, cooking for the whole family....whether it was Sunday lunch, Easter, Thanksgiving or Christmas. I want my kids to carry these memories with them, just like I do. They also love being in the kitchen with me helping with anything they can. I think they are great little cooks and I want them to remember these special times we had together.
Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1-2

1 comment: